The ITTM model is based on over 20 years of original research, development, and clinical practice. The model is informed by trauma theory, attachment theory, logic theory, and advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques.
If you are looking for more information on the research conducted into the ITTM model, you can find a select list of publications and conference presentations below. Further details on ITTM research opportunities can be provided upon request.
- Copping, V. (2018), Re-Circuiting Trauma Pathways in Adults, Parents and Children: A Brain-Based, Intergenerational Trauma Treatment Model. Routledge Press, NYC
- Scott, K., Copping, V., (2008). Promising Directions for the Treatment of Complex Childhood Trauma: The Intergenerational Trauma Treatment Model. The Journal of Behavior Analysis of Offender and Victim: Treatment and Prevention. Vol. I. Iss. III. p. 273.
- Copping, Valerie E. M.A., Warling, Diane L, Ph.D., Benner, David G, Ph.D., C. Psych., Woodside, Donald. W., M.D., F.R.C.P. (2001). A Child Trauma Treatment Pilot Study: Journal of Child and Family Studies. Vol. 10. No. 4. P.p. 467-475.
- Copping, Valerie E. M.A., Beyond – Over and – Under Control: Behavioral Observations of Shelter Women and Children (1995). Journal of Family Violence, 11 (1) 41-57.
- Copping, Valerie E., (September, 2016). Constructing Intrinsic Motivation & Hope in Caregivers with Histories of Childhood Trauma. IACCAPP, Calgary, Alberta.
- Copping, Valerie E., (October 2013). Reason, Reasons, and Reasoning. University of Michigan, and Insight Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience, Center for Cognition and Neuroethics. Curriculum Vitae (cont’d.)
- Copping, Valerie E., (August 2013). Thinking Differently: New Hope for Our Children. North American Council on Adoptable Children.
- Copping, Valerie E., Scott, Katreena L., (2010) Australian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Conference – Toronto.
- Copping, Valerie E., (2003) “The Intergenerational Trauma Treatment Model for Children, Youth and Caregivers”. The Ontario Network of Sexual Assault / Domestic Violence Care and Treatment Centers Conference – Toronto.
- Copping, Valerie E., (2002) “A Child Trauma Treatment Pilot Study”. Australian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies – ASTSS Conference – New Zealand.
- Copping, Valerie E., (1999) “Preliminary Outcome Data on The Intergenerational Trauma Treatment Model” – Ontario Association of Children’s Mental Health Conference – Toronto.